Stop arms designed for school buses and other vehicles where stop arms might be required or used as optional equipment. This product is mounted on the outside (driver side) of the vehicle and is used to stop traffic when bus doors are OPENED and occupants are exiting to cross the road. It is activated in conjunction with the overhead warning lights on school buses.(As well as various other means of activation on other types of vehicles.) SMI stop arms meet or exceed all OEM,
LED Stop Arm is a Solid State electrically operated unit that features two alternately flashing high intensity LED light clusters on the top and bottom on either side of the stop SIGN. It has fewer replacement parts and is virtually maintenance free. It is constructed from steel that is properly coated for corrosion resistance.
- Sealed solid state mechanism with no micro switches or relays
- Exterior metallic parts are powder coated and e-coated for added corrosion resistance
- Internal Grounding
- Common base mounting pattern amongst all SMI stop arms
- Quick disconnects on motor and blade assembly for easy SERVICEABILITY
- Available in 2-Light LED with Hi-Intensity Prismatic Decal